Did you know that pulses are the richest source of vegetable protein? Protein is great for repairing muscles and keeping you full after meals. They are also high in soluble and insoluble fiber which are great for reducing cholesterol and improving digestive health. They’re also relatively cheap, so make an excellent ingredient for those of us on a budget 😀
- 400g Tin of Kidney Beans
- Medium Carrot
- Small onion, finely diced
- 1 Tsp Ground Cumin
- 3 Tbsp Oil
- 2 Tbsp Plain Flour
- Drain & rinse the kidney beans, then boil them in a pan, leaving them to simmer for 10mins
- Fry the onion, carrot and cumin in a frying pan on a low heat with 1tbsp oil until soft
- Mash the beans and veg together
- Stir in the flour to firm up the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into a ball and then split into smaller balls, flatten them down into burger shapes.
- Cook in a frying pan with oil for a couple of minutes either side until they are crisp on both sides.
- Add to a bun of your choice, add toppings, and enjoy!