For me, Christmas all about chocolate. It’s the one time of the year that I allow myself to east as much chocolate as I want – GUILT FREE! I should be able to do this all year round, but alas, my self control is weak, but then again, does anyone really buy a big bar of chocolate and eat it all in one go?
- 70g of Raw Macadamias
- 120g of Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 60g of Finely Chopped Coco Butter
- 30g of Powdered Sugar, Coconut Sugar or Granulated Sweetener
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Sea Salt (Optional, but recommended)
- 50g Unsweetened Desiccated Coconut
- Add the macadamia nuts and desiccated coconut to a blender or food processor. Blend until a creamy paste is formed, scraping down sides as needed.
- Melt the coco butter and add it along with the powdered sugar, vanilla, and sea salt into the blender and blend once more to combine. Taste and adjust flavor as needed, adding more salt for saltiness, vanilla for vanilla flavor, or powdered sugar for sweetness.
- Put the mixture into a shallow plate or a bowl and place in the refrigerator to chill for about 1 hour or until firm to the touch. Spread your remaining desiccated coconut over a plate or chopping board and set aside.
- Remove the mixture from the refrigerator and use a tablespoon or small cookie scoop/ice-cream scoop to scoop out rounded Tablespoon amounts, and gently roll them into balls. If you roll them for too long, they can start to melt, so don’t fuss too much with the shape.
- Once the balls are formed, add to the desiccated coconut dish and roll to coat. Set on a serving plate. Repeat until all snowballs are rolled. You should end up with about 10.
- Set back in refrigerator for 5-10 minutes until mostly firm/set. Store leftovers at room temperature up to 3-4 days, in the refrigerator for 1 week, or in the freezer for 1 month. Best enjoyed at room temperature.
This recipe is from the minimalist baker (https://minimalistbaker.com/5-ingredient-white-chocolate-truffles/).
Let us know what you think of this recipe in the comments below!