- 1 Medium White Onion, finely diced
- 1 Birdseye Chili or 1 Tsp of Dried Chili Flakes
- 1 Can of Italian Tinned Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp of Tomato Paste
- 1 Tbsp of Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 Pack of Your Preferred Vegan Sausage
- 1 Can of White Beans
- 1 Tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp of Cooking Oil
- 1 Bag of Spinach
- Fresh Basil (for garnish)
- Bring a pan of salter water to the boil. Cut your sausage into bitesize slices and fry in a large frying pan until cooked, or for the recommended cooking time on the packet. Remove from the frying pan and set aside.
- Heat oil in the unwashed frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add your diced onion to the pan along with a large pinch of salt. Cook until translucent and tender. Add the garlic and chili and cook for a further minute.
- Add your tinned tomato to the pan. I like to blend mine in a blender or food processer, but this is not necessary. Add the tomato paste and paprika. Mix well. Turn the heat to medium-low.
- Add your gnocchi to the pan of boiling water, cover, and cook for the recommended time on the packet.
- Once your tomato sauce is hot through and has recued a little, add the sausage to the sauce. Drain the white beans and add to the sauce.
- Once your gnocchi is cooked, add a tablespoon of the pasta water to the tomato sauce and stir. Taste your sauce and season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Drain the gnocchi and then add to the pan with the tomato sauce. Turn the heat to low. Coat the gnocchi in the tomato sauce and then add the spinach. It will wilt quickly.
- Serve your spicy sausage gnocchi and top with parmesan, fresh basil and black pepper is desired.
If you’re not a fan of beans, feel free to leave them out. Let us know what your think of this recipe in the comments! 😀