This is my FAVOURITE comfort food recipe at the moment!! I always feel a bit down when it rains, so to cheer myself up I make this really quick, healthy and filling soup. A bowl of this soup, a slice of toast and the sound of the rain against my window makes me feel super cosy. Also its high in protein and low in calorie. I’m on a fitness journey at the moment, so this recipe fits all the boxes. You can put it all together in 5 minutes, and then it needs another 20 or so for the potatoes to cook.
- 1 Tin of Tomatoes or Equivalent of Passatta
- 1 Tin of Green Lentils
- 1 Bag of Curly Kale, de-stemmed, washed and sliced finely
- 1 Large Potato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 Tbsp Tomato Puree
- 1 Veg Stock Cube
- 1 Tsp Oregano
- 1Tsp Thyme
- 1 Tsp Garlic Granules/Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Chilli Flakes (optional)
- 1-2 Tsp Sugar
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Put the tin of tomatoes along with the veg stock cube and tomato puree into a blender. Fill the empty tomato tin to the top with water and add this to the blender also also. Blend lightly until lumps are gone. (This step is optional if you don’t have a blender or if you are using tomato passata. You can alternatively add everything straight to a pan)
- Add the contents of the blender to a large pan along with the lentils (water and all). Add the chopped potato, oregano, thyme, sugar, chili flakes and garlic.
- Simmer on medium until the potatoes are almost cooked. Around 20 minutes.
- Add the chopped kale and simmer until wilted. Add salt, pepper and any extra sugar to taste.
- Serve in a big soup bowl and enjoy with toast, a sandwich – whatever you fancy. This will be very hot so be careful not to burn your tongue!
I really hope you enjoy this recipe!! It is my own recipe, whereas some of the recipes on this blog are taken from other sources. Please let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments below ^_^