The! Sun! Has! Come! Out!!! Finally!!!!!!
These Frozen Yogurt bars are so refreshing and can be customized to suit your personnel tastes or dietary requirements. I will be making these with SKYR natural yogurt (low fat, high protein), and you could even add some protein powder for an added protein boost. You could also use flavored yogurt, like Onken’s Mango Papaya and Passion Fruit Yogurt, or add different types of fruit! I have some tinned peach slices that I think I’ll add to my next batch. Recipes aren’t meant to be followed! I like to think of them more as guide lines…
- 200g Biscuits (such as digestives, or anything you like)
- 50g Oats
- 140g Coconut oil (melted)
- 370g Dairy or non-dairy yogurt (I used soy/coconut)
- 100g Raspberries (50+50 gr if you want to add another type of berry)
- 1 tbsp agave/maple syrup or equivalent of liquid sweetener
- Place the biscuits and oats in a food mixer/blender and pulse until you get a flour. Alternatively place biscuits and oats in a plastic food bag, seal and bash with a rolling pin. Add the crushed biscuit to a bowl and add the melted coconut oil.
- Combine the mixture well and pour it into a baking tray lined with parchment paper to form a well compacted and even layer. Place in the freezer for 5 minutes to solidify while you continue with the next step.
- In a bowl, mix the yogurt with the syrup/sweetener. Remove the baking tray from the freezer and pour the yogurt onto the biscuit and coconut oil base, creating a uniform layer. Decorate the surface with the raspberries and put everything back in the freezer for at least 3 hours.
- Once everything has solidified, remove from freezer, lift the parchment paper and place the yogurt bar on a cutting board. Cut it into bars and serve after letting it rest 2-3 minutes at room temperature to soften them slightly. Enjoy!
Let us know in the comments what combinations of fruit and yogurt you used for this recipe!!