This recipe is a healthier take on the traditional rice Krispy bar! This recipe omits marshmallow and can be made vegan with the substitution of honey for maple syrup, or another syrup or sweetner of your choice. Whole grain rice puffs are a healthier option here too!! You can also add mini eggs or chocolate chips – whatever you like 🙂 If you don’t want to get your hands dirty, you can also make rice krispy bars by adding the mixture to a lined tray and flattening it with a spatula before letting it set in the fridge and then cutting it into bar shapes.
- 2 1/2 cups brown or white puffed rice cereal
- 3/4 cup cashew butter
- 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1-2 tbsp rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Mix the puffed rice cereal, cashew butter, honey, vanilla, salt and sprinkles (or mix-in of choice) together in a bowl until evenly mixed.
- With wet hands, roll the mixture into egg shaped balls and place on a baking parchment covered plate/tray
- You could also dip the eggs into some melted chocolate of your choice if you are feeling indulgent!
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to set.
- Remove fridge and enjoy!
Let us know in the comments how you get on with this recipe!!